Re-opening your library safely during Covid-19 a Message for LBBD Libraries
For more information and revised opening times go to pentoprint.org/about/lbbd-libraries/
From 1 September 2020
We want to welcome you back to your library and offer a service to you again, however we need to make sure you and our staff are safe. We have been working to make the buildings Covid-19 secure in line with Government guidelines. Some libraries will be open for order and collection of library items. Libraries opening with revised opening times are Barking Learning Centre, Dagenham Library, Valence Library, Marks Gate Library and Thames View Library.
Changes to the Library Service
These are the services that will be available, now libraries are starting to re-open. Except for book returns, services will need to be booked in advance and you will need to be a library member to do that. If you’re not a member of the library, you can join the library online.
- Book Loans Order and Collect – You can request items for loan via our collection service. You can ask for specific titles or types of books, with our online order form CLICK HERE to access, by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 724 8725. You can also reserve online using the library catalogue. We will contact you to let you know when you can collect your items
- Book Return – Book returns will be available during library opening hours. Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are available for loan again.
- Building Access – There will be an Order and Collect service to borrow library items and a limited number of people in the buildings at any one time.
- Study Space – Pre-booked study space only as there are limited spaces at Barking Learning Centre. Contact email@example.com or call 020 8724 8725. and Dagenham Library Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8724 3942.
- PC Access – Pre-booked 1 hour sessions only at Barking Learning Centre and Dagenham Library. This includes time to allow for cleaning of PC’s after each session. Priority will be given to residents without access to personal computers. For Barking Learning Centre Contact email@example.com or call 020 8724 8725 and Dagenham Library Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8724 3942
- To book your session. You will need your library number and PIN to book. Printing available via card payment only
These services will not be available when the libraries first open:
- Browsing the shelves
- Printed newspapers
- PC access without pre-booking
- Public toilets
- Events and regular programmes in the building
- Room hire
Library members can access our Online Library Services and Resources 24/7 via mobile apps and online. If you need assistance with your library membership, please email email@example.com. If you’re not a member of the library, you can join the library online.
If you are self-isolating and join the library online now you will be able to use the eBooks and audio books online with the temporary library number that is issued online.
Except for book returns, services will need to be booked in advance and you will need to be a library member to do that.