Pen to Print is developing may new opportunities for people to volunteer and gain valuable transferable experience working for an arts organisation, meeting new people and improving job skills.
Free training is available for the following roles:
- Event Producer Volunteer – sourcing and booking authors and speakers, artists and arts organisations for Pen to Print and ReadFest events.
- Event Host Volunteer – booking in participants using tablets. Assisting with refreshments. Collecting event evaluation forms. Selling books at events.
- Artist Host Volunteer – meeting and greeting authors and speakers. Introducing authors and speakers to audiences. Interviewing authors and speakers. Comparing events.
- Fundraiser Volunteer – researching potential donor and sponsors and contacting them with proposals for potential sponsorship or donations.
- Magazine Production Volunteer – working as part of the Pen to Print editorial working group deciding on content, layout, sourcing potential advertisers.
- Marketing Volunteer – Assisting with developing marketing campaigns for events.
- Marketing Distribution Volunteer – delivering Pen to Print and ReadFest literature and posters and magazines to local venues.
- Advisory Panel Members – Volunteer members of the Pen to Print Advisory panel which meet quarterly to oversee the work of Pen to Print and advise on the strategic direction of the programme.
If you are interested in joining with us on working on this varied and exciting project, please contact the Pen to Print team. Volunteers can be register on the Barking and Dagenham Better Impact Volunteer database, logging the hours you donate and creating a record that can be used write a reference for people looking for employment.