Online ReadFest 2021 is Almost Here! – 10 Years of Reading Pleasure
Monday 6 September to Friday 24 September.
Coming soon our 10th FREE literary festival!
Supporting Pen to Print’s theme this year, Curated by Us we are delighted to showcase writers from both Barking and Dagenham and further afield inspired by the writing and reading communities we support. This amazing festival provides a great opportunity to meet authors, discover new genres and celebrate the joy of reading and writing through a wide range of events.
With 25 events over 3 weeks we include poetry, workshops, talks and discussions:
Featuring: My Name is Why with Lemn Sissay
Online ReadFest 2021 also includes:
- Alright, Girl? with Maria Ferguson
- Words in Power with Sonia Quintero – In Partnership with the East End Woman’s Museum
- Lizzie, Katey & Louise 19th Century Artists and Rebels with Lucinda Hawksley
- Publishing Careers 101: Working in the Publishing Industry with Sile Edwards
- Poetry Book Showcase with Anna Robinson and Guests
- Holding Power in the Digital Age with Jaspreet Kaur and Rahat Ismail
- Focus on Write On! Magazine – 8 Workshops delivered by the Write On! team of writers
- Love Letters to the World Season Three – A Year in Postcards
- The Brick Lane Cookbook with Dina Begum
- International Storytelling with Holly Watt – In Partnership with The Wilbur & Niso Smith Foundation
- International Storytelling : A Conversation with Lucy Popescu, Claire Adam, Martina Evans and Siya Turabi
- Pasta, Pasties and Dhal-Puri – Using Food to Flavour Our Stories with Patrice Lawrence
- An Introduction to Audio Drama with Alternative Stories
- How to Self-publish your Book on Amazon with Scott Pack
- Family History Writing Workshop with Nick Barlay
- Life Writing: Turning Yourself Into a Book with Sarah Tinsley
- How to Plot Your Novel with William Ryan – In Partnership with The Writer’ & Artists’ Yearbook
- Self-publishing for Beginners with Claire Buss
- Readers Afternoon – Becontree Forever Local Author Panel with Sylvia Kent, Elaine Spires, Sandra Prior and Farzana Hakim
This year we are again really pleased to say that all events do remain FREE. We do this through the generosity of The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and the Arts Council England.
Don’t miss out! For full details of who is digitally visiting Barking and Dagenham in September go to: pentoprint.org/readfest
Book FREE tickets for all ReadFest and Pen to Print events, classes and workshops go to: pentoprint.org/events
Barking and Dagenham's very own Literary Festival!