Write On! Audio: Storytelling From East London To The World – Episode Four
Write On! Audio is a new podcast from Pen to Print. Taking the best bits from Write On! Magazine and Write On! Extra we’ll bring you writing tips, features, interviews and excerpts from the work of our contributors and guests. Most importantly, though, if you’re a writer, poet or dramatist, published or not, we want to hear from you so we can share your words and your unique voice on our podcast. Search for Pen to Print in your favourite podcast app to listen and subscribe.
December’s episode includes:
- ‘Festive Reasons To Be Cheerful’ with Mary Walsh
- Writing tips from Patrick Forsyth
- An interview with Sunday Times bestselling author Sue Moorcroft
- Our December showcase from Eithne Cullen includes:
- Tired by Claire Buss read by Sally Walker-Taylor
- The Approach To Salisbury by Ray Miles read by Chris Gregory
- This month’s Listener Contribution is Christmas In The Air: Reflections by Palak Tewary
- Extracts Farzana Hakim’s Thursday Connectors page. Farzana introduces us to The Mail Boat, a poem by Eithne Cullen and we get a taster of December’s page: Things That Went Wrong For Me in 2021 by Fatima Ahmed both read by Hadiya Morris.
January’s episode – out on 21 December, features multi-award winning Children’s and YA author, Frances Hardinge, writing tips from Lucy Kaufman and a Listener Contribution from Bob Thompson, as well as our usual range of features.
If you’ve enjoyed listening to Palak’s reflections, or HB O’Neill’s short story from Episode 3, why not challenge yourself to create something for us? We are actively looking for new contributors to our podcast and the Listener’s Contributor Slot is open for submissions. Please follow our submission guidelines, ensuring that any recorded material is submitted via our Submissions Page or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th of each month. (For more information on our themes etc see the Editor’s Introduction, and you can find the T&Cs here.) If a larger slot seems too daunting, we’d love to hear from you with some ‘Inspirational Moments’, in readiness for January. Do let us know with a short recording, prose or poetry what you are looking forward to. It can be anything, from finishing a short story, to a visit to somewhere you’ve not been before.
Each new podcast will be aired towards the end of the calendar month, allowing us to share material that has been featured in Write On! Extra, while also looking forward to showcasing up-and-coming ideas and events that might interest you. We hope you enjoy this episode of Write On! Audio and do continue to listen, engage and make sure you get in touch with your opinions and ideas. Of course, if you subscribe, you’ll be the first to be notified when a new episode is released.
You can find us on all major podcast platforms including Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Podchaser and many more. Just type pen to print into your browser and look for our logo. Alternatively, find us via our Anchor FM hosting site, which links you to our content on a variety of podcast platforms.