Pen to Print: Poetry Classes (In-person)
Please note this is a location based event at Barking Learning Centre.
NB: This session can also be booked to attend online.
Session Eight: Fooled You!
The trickster is an important archetype in most cultures across the world. Today we will celebrate this character by looking at poems that explore the world of tricking and write our own!
The Poetry classes are on a drop in basis and appropriate for all levels from beginner to published. Within the course, participants will explore alternative voices, (re)presentation, other stories and what our sense of place might be in an urban poetry.
The classes are two hours long. In general, each month participants will spend the first hour looking at a different aspect of poetry, read some poems that explore that aspect and discuss them, and try their hands at some writing. In the second hour participants will give feedback on their poems in progress.
Taught by Anna Robinson, a London working class poet whose latest collection Whatsname Street was published by Smokestack Books in 2021.
NB: Please bring x15 copies of your poem for workshopping on the day or post it in the supporting Google Classroom.
Please note there is a supporting Google Classroom for this course and the direct link to join can be found in confirmation email under the Additional information section.
If you have any accessibility requirements, please directly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not sure if this class is for you or would like more information, please contact us to discuss. Ask the organiser or email: email@example.com
To ensure you don’t miss out on the latest updates, please sign up to our e-newsletter
NB: To make the most of the Poetry Classes with Anna Robinson, please ensure that you book your place and that you are prepared to attend all the available sessions, there are 11 monthly sessions in total.
Tickets will be released in three-month blocks for the following dates:
- 3 September 2022
- 8 October 2022
- 5 November 2022
- 3 December 2022
- 14 January 2023
- 4 February 2023
- 4 March 2023
- 1 April 2023
- 13 May 2023
- 10 June 2023
- 1 July 2023
- Booking is essential and you will be asked to present your booking confirmation upon arrival.
- Pen to Print and our partners reserve the right to remove participants who are disruptive to a session.
- Pen to Print and our partners reserve the right to unenroll a participant from a course and explore an alternative approach to supporting them on their writing journey, if we feel that a class is unsuitable for that participant.
- NB: May feature content that some people may find upsetting, uses language or depicts scenes reflecting attitudes that are no longer seen as acceptable.
- Pen to Print shall not be liable to attendees for any injury, loss or damage of or to personal equipment belonging to the attendees or any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising out of the attendance of the event.
- Pen to Print reserves the right to cancel, delay or postpone the event for any reason, including adverse weather conditions, COVID-19 restrictions, an emergency situation or unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances out of its reasonable control. In such cases, the event organiser will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as is possible.