Monday 5 September to Friday 23 September.
Coming to Barking and Dagenham Libraries in September is our 11th FREE literary festival!
We are delighted to showcase multinational writers and literary industry experts with a fabulous mix of bestselling and emerging authors. ReadFest 2022 provides a great opportunity to meet authors, discover new genres and celebrate the joy of reading through a wide range of events. Events include poetry, workshops, talks and discussions.
- Monday 5 September, 6.30pm – 8.00pm, Dagenham Library:
A Conversation with Luan Goldie and Kia Abdullah
- Tuesday 6 September, 1.30pm – 3pm, Valence Library:
Overland By Bus London to Bombay 1966 with Elizabeth Freeman
- Saturday 10 September, Write On! Day 1, Online – Voices and Stories: Reclaiming Our Place Across Digital and Physical Spaces.
- Monday 12 September, 6.30pm – 8.30pm, Online:
The Writer’s Journal Masterclass with Lucy van Smit
- Tuesday 13 September, 1.30pm – 3.00pm, Valence Library:
A Child of the East End with Jean Fullerton
- Tuesday 13 September, 6.30pm – 7.45pm, Online:
Books that Make a Difference: Diverse and Authentic Voices with Jacob Ross
- Wednesday 14 September, 5pm – 7pm, Barking Learning Centre:
Questher – The Lord on my Side Book Launch with Silvano Griffith-Francis
- Saturday 17 September, Write On! Day 2, Online – Voices and Stories: Reclaiming Our Place Across Digital and Physical Spaces.
- Monday 19 September, 6.30pm to 8pm, Online:
The Bodyguard: A Conversation with Lee Sansum and Howard Linskey
- Tuesday 20 September, 6pm – 8pm, Dagenham Library:
Hidden Literature presents LOUD IN A LIBRARY
- Wednesday 21 September, 1.30pm – 2.30pm, Online:
A Conversation with Kate Thompson and Janet Skelian Charles
- Thursday 22 September, 6.30pm – 8pm, Online:
Around the World in 10 Cats with Judith Robinson & Scott Pack
- Friday 23 September, 7pm – 9pm, Dagenham Library:
This year we are really pleased to say that all events do remain FREE. We do this through the generosity of The London Borough of Barking and Dagenham and Arts Council England.
However, we do need to raise money to continue our valuable work in the future. People can support ReadFest and Pen to Print’s work with Pay What You Can Afford, giving you the option to pay what you can afford for the events you attend, there is no obligation to give us a donation, but we hope you can see the value what we are doing and can support us in this way.
For those who attend events there will also be a chance to take part in our FREE to enter ReadFest Prize Draw, for those who help us by giving us their feedback. Details of how to take part will be available at each event. The winner will receive a set of signed copies of all the books featured at ReadFest 2022. The final draw will take place at our final event Readers Evening held at Dagenham Library on 23 September, 7pm to 9pm. So please join us, if you can, to see if you are a winner!
Don’t miss out! For full details of who is visiting ReadFest 2022 in Barking and Dagenham in September go to: pentoprint.org/readfest
Book FREE tickets for all ReadFest 2022 and Pen to Print events, classes and workshops go to: pentoprint.org/events
Barking and Dagenham's very own Literary Festival!